This course follows on from the plenary session, chaired by Kath Vowden at the 2016 Wounds UK annual conference, Harrogate.
This course features all presentations from the schülke sponsored plenary session at the 2016 Wounds UK annual conference, Harrogate. The course begins with an introduction by Kath Vowden, Lecturer and Nurse Consultant at Bradford Teaching Hospitals. Which is followed by three presentations on the subjects of wound healing, the use of topical antimicrobials on wounds and the role of cleansing in the care of self harm wounds.
Trainees can access this course at work or at home on a variety of smart devices.
On completion of this course trainees will:
1. Gain awareness of the impact of infection and biofilm on wound healing.
2. Understand the options for reducing biofilms in high risk patients.
3. Learn how to integrate topical antimicrobials into the plan of care.
4. Be aware of how to support patients to better manage self-harm wounds.
5. Recognise the role of wound cleansing for self-harm wounds.
Add members of your team, when registering for this course to track their progress. Trainees will cover the following modules:
Each module is accompanied by a multiple choice test to assess the trainee’s understanding of the content. When all module tests are completed the trainee will have access to a personalised certificate.
Most the self harm /self care presentation, it was shocking but has made me consider if I have a patient that falls into this category.
Andrea, Practice Nurse
I enjoyed the facts and figures most. I found the speakers clear and concise
Joanne, Assistant Practicioner