An evidence based introduction to hand hygiene for care home staff. Designed to help trainees improve and promote hand hygiene compliance to protect staff and residents.
An essential training course on hand hygiene designed for care home staff. As hand hygiene is thought to be the most important measure for preventing the spread of infections, a good knowledge of hand hygiene is essential in the care home environment
Infections can be prevented with good hand hygiene, but adherence with good practice remains low in some settings. So, prepare to question how much you know about hand hygiene and learn how to improve hand hygiene compliance in your care home.
Trainees can access this course at work or at home on a variety of smart devices including desktop computers, laptops, tablets and smart phones.
On completion of this course trainees will be able to:
1. Explain the importance of hand hygiene
2. Recognise when to perform hand hygiene
3. Explain when to use different hand hygiene products
4. List the correct steps for systematic hand hygiene
5. Identify the reasons for non-compliance with hand hygiene and the potential consequences
6. Understand how to improve compliance
Add members of your team, when registering for this course to save time and track their progress. Trainees will cover the following modules:
Each module is accompanied by a multiple choice test to assess the trainee's understanding of the content. When all module tests are completed the trainee will receive a personalised certificate.