An evidence based hand hygiene course designed to meet the training needs of dental staff working in Scotland. This course is the essential update to support dental staff in promoting best practice infection prevention and control.
The essential hand hygiene update designed for all dental staff working in Scotland. Equips dental staff with knowledge on how to overcome obstacles and improve hand hygiene compliance in their organsiation.
The course also explains why hand hygiene matters, the functions of the skin and how to prevent cross infection through hand hygiene. A mix of videos, animations and images help the content to be engaging and impactful.
On completion of this course trainees will be able to:
1. Explain the importance of hand hygiene
2. Recognise when to perform hand hygiene
3. Explain when to use different hand hygiene products
4. List the correct steps for systematic hand hygiene
5. Identify the reasons for non-compliance with hand hygiene and the potential consequences
6. Understand how to improve compliance
Add members of your team, when registering for this course to track their progress. Trainees will cover the following modules:
Each module is accompanied by a multiple choice test to assess the trainee's understanding of the content. When all module tests are completed the trainee will receive a personalised certificate.